Monday 27 April 2015

FOMO Thai - CBD

By the time 1:30pm rolled around, I was starving because I had to endure an early 8:30am lecture and then a tutorial right after that. The 5 of us initially wanted to try Hakata Gensuke but it was really busy and the staff did not even bother to acknowledge us as we lined up outside in the cold (#rude). We ended up going to FOMO Thai which was a short walk away.

The napkins were just so adorable!! 
All the dishes sounded pretty good and I got to sample a few pieces here and there. S ordered the OMG! Crispy Pork, Homemade Sweet Soy Sauce with Rice ($14), Mingang ordered the Pad Thai ($13) and they shared the Lightly Battered Prawns with Sweet Chilli Mayo ($12). I ordered the Slow Cooked Beef, Massaman Curry and Puff Bowl with Rice ($14).

S and Mingang's Meal

Slow Cooked Beef, Massaman Curry and Puff Bowl with Rice
I enjoyed my meal as I have been craving curry for a while. The cashews complemented the sweet curry. They gave me 4 generous chunks of slow cooked beef but they were split in terms of quality. 2 pieces were melt-in-the-mouth tender and the other two were a little dry and tough. Luckily, 2 chunks was plenty in filling me up. The puff pastry added a textural element but i would've preferred some roti instead just to soak up the flavours. Another thing was that the dish came out lukewarm and quickly became cold as I was eating it.

FOMO Thai Lunch Menu




Overall, FOMO Thai was an enjoyable experience. Us girls were satisfied with our dishes, both in the quality and quantity but the 2 boys did mention that the serving size wasn't enough for them. The service was good but the waitress wasn't aware of their Thaiger Burger promotion that I enquired about after seeing it on Instagram. If I was feeling like Thai food on a budget, I would definitely come back. 



Service: 8/10
Taste: 8/10
Presentation: 9/10 (Rowdy Plates)
Value for Money: 8.5/10



FOMO Thai on Urbanspoon






2 comments:

  1. Awwww, sad that you couldn't try Hakata Gensuke. But yeah crazy queues and wait times outside, gets better when you're inside. You have to give it a try at least once. Keep up the blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah the service really put me off though!

    ReplyDelete