Friday 8 May 2015

8bit - Footscray

I caught up with some high school friends for burgers at 8bit in Footscray. We got there around 3pm and there were no available tables for 4 people. J and K.V ordered the Altered Beast which had beef, bacon, cheese, grilled onions, lettuce, 8bit sauce and BBQ sauce ($9.50). W ordered the Golden Axe which had crispy fried chicken, cheese, Sriracha mayo and slaw ($9.50). I got the After Burner which had beef, tomato, red onion, lettuce, cheese, chilli sauce, jalapeƱos and chipotle mayo ($9.50). We ordered the Loaded Potato Gems with chilli beef, cheese sauce, bacon, pickle relish, grilled onions and jalapeƱos to share ($8.50).


Altered Beast and Golden Axe
My After Burner

After Burner was definitely a well rounded burger so kudos to 8bit. It had a nice spicy kick and the flavour combinations I expected from the B.East Burger I had earlier in the week. The salad was fresh, the brioche bun was soft but not too sweet and the meat was nice and pink in the middle.

Loaded Potato Gems

The Loaded Potato Gems were delish. The toppings were fresh and crunchy and I always came back for more.

4/10 Aerial Shot

Overall, I was a very happy customer in terms of taste. My friends were generally satisfied but K did mention her Altered Beast was too dry. Our servers were friendly and their smiles were infectious. The one thing that did dampen my experience was the lack of seating indoors. We sat at a bench in the corner, so half the time my back was to K.V and J. It made talking a little awkward and definitely sharing the gems tricky too. The last time I went here was its opening week and service was all over the place and the food seemed lacklustre. I'm glad I gave 8bit another shot.

Service: 8/10
Taste: 8/10
Presentation: 8/10
Value for Money: 8/10


Click to add a blog post for 8bit. on Zomato










No comments:

Post a Comment