Sunday 1 November 2015

Father's Office - CBD

Another Thursday, another feed for the uni squad. After much debate on where to go (anywhere but Noodle Kingdom) we the girls decided to go to Father's Office and the boys trailed along. There was a lunch deal going on for select menu items for $15 and we were sold. S and I went splitsies and ordered the Fried Chicken Burger (w/ crispy buttermilk battered chicken thigh on a toasted milk bun with jalapeno pepper coleslaw and dijonnaise mayo) and 1/2 Rack Pork Ribs (w/ smoky Kansas City BBQ sauce). K and A grabbed the Fried Chicken Burger and Chicken Fried Steak (Scotch fillet fried in a crispy buttermilk batter) and Mingang opted for Fish and Chips (seasonal white fish coated in a rosemary and ginger beer batter, shallow fried, served with tartare sauce). 

Fried Chicken Burger
The Fried Chicken Burger was defo the best dish out of the ones we ordered. I like how the burger bun wasn't brioche like other places as there was great balance of flavours. Only downside was the promise of jalapeno coleslaw because I felt like there wasn't enough zing for me. 

My Half



The ribs were tasty and separated from the bone easy which was exactly what I wanted. I'm not usually a fan of BBQ sauce but this was aighttttt.


Sadly, the Chicken Fried Steak was disappointing. It just had a weird texture and because it was sliced so thin, there was a lack of depth in flavour. The gravy also slightly congealed and not that pleasant to eat. Bad luck to the guys for being adventurous and choosing this.


Steph and I tremendously enjoyed what we ordered, both agreeing the Burger was more filling only because there were more things going on. Mingang's Fish and Chips were decent but a little bland for my liking. The chips were nice and the little pots of sauce that came with our dishes were just so darn cute. Service was normal as it was self-serve at the bar. I've been eyeing the Father's Office Sampler so I would not mind coming back here for that. Father's Office also has a special going on from Wednesday - Saturday's where everything from the A La Carte menu is 50% off so that is a great bargain I will store away for a night of late eating and drinking.



Taste: 7.5/10
Presentation: 8/10
Service: 7/10
Value for Money: 8/10



Father's Office Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment