Friday 29 September 2017

Rogue District - Brunswick

A few weeks ago, we went to Rogue District for some brunch. I have a habit of just seeing 1 photo on Instagram and then I am set on going to the brunch place. Nothing can deter me.

Nice latte art

Gruyere and Leek Croquette

I got the Gruyere and Leek Croquette ($19). I had literally went to Rogue District just to try this and I was not wowed at all. The croquette was indiscernible in flavour. If I hadn't read the menu, I would've just tasted potato. Its saving grace was its accompaniments of field mushroom, poached egg, capsicum pesto, sweet potato crisps and rocket salad.  The pesto had nice flavour but the whole dish just lacked seasoning.

Reuben

Quynh got the Reuben ($17), which consisted of wagyu pastrami, saukekraut, gruyere, house pickles, aioli and dijon on rye. It wasn't the best reuben she has had but the classic flavours melded well together.

V vibrant colours

Overall, we left Rogue District feeling a little bit dejected. I expected my palate to be pop pop popped with flavour. The vibes were nice since we got to sit outside. Would I return? Yeah probably not.



Taste: 6/10
Presentation: 7/10
Value for Money: 7/10
Service: 7/10



Rogue District Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment