Friday 1 December 2017

Tipo 00 - CBD

For my birthday, Kevin took me to Tipo 00. This has been on my list for soooo long and I was stoked that I finally got to try it. We couldn't make a booking but was told we didn't need to wait for a table if we arrived before 5:30PM. It was still busy on a Tuesday night and we got seats by the bar.

Big selection!


DRANK

I got a Negroni and boy it tasted good.

Foccacia and whipped ricotta

YAY my fav course to start. Bread and butter and in Tipo's case, it was foccacia and whipped ricotta. Yummy!

Polpo


To start, we ordered the Polpo ($18), which was chargrilled octopus, witlof and orange. The octopus chunks were tender and the citrusy notes complemented it well.

Lingua


We also ordered the Lingua ($16) as well. This was grilled ox tongue with balsamic vinegar and pink peppercorns. The ox tongue was incredibly soft but had such a hearty beefy flavour. It contrasted well with the tart vinegar. Bloody fantastic starter!

Gnocchi de patate

For mains, we ordered the Gnocchi de patate ($32). This gnocchi dish had braised wagyu, tomato and vaolo nero. This gnocchi was to die for! It was so pillowy and soft and the best gnocchi dish I've tasted. The beef was nicely braised but I could've went for a few more chunky bits.

Tagliolini al nero

We also got the Tagliolini al nero ($32). It was squid ink taglioni, squid and bottarga. It was definitely true to its description and had an incredible seafood flavour. Just a couple sprinkles of salt and pepper from us really enhanced the dish. This was Kevin's dish of the night.


We also got the polenta fritta ($9) as well. They were crunchy and hints of rosemary. I would've loved a creamy sauce to accompany it.

Tipomisu

How could we not get the Tipomisu ($14) for dessert. Since it was for my birthday, they plopped a candle on top of it. It is Tipo's take on a tiramisu with chocolate, coffee and mascarpone. It was very rich but was balanced when you had a spoonful of all the components. The cream was really nice.

Mandarin and Lemon Verbena Panacotta

We also got the mandarin and lemon verbena panacotta ($14). Personally this was more enjoyable more me because I enjoy my fruity desserts. It had a lovely wobble and tasted great on its own. When paired with all the other gels and fruit, the bursts of flavours were really refreshing.

Yay desserts!

Overall, Tipo 00 did not disappoint. The food was really amazing and I can see why the restaurant is so highly rated. I would come back just to try their other pastas. I felt like the service was on the lacking side. While it wasn't bad, I did feel a bit rushed and didn't get a personal vibe. The ambience was cosy and surprisingly I didn't mind sitting at the bar. It was such a great birthday meal!!!



Taste: 9.5/10
Presentation: 9/10
Service: 7/10
Value for Money: 8.5/10



Tipo 00 Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato













No comments:

Post a Comment