Monday 20 July 2015

Fukuryu Ramen - CBD

On a very cold Sunday, I caught up with a few friends over some ramen. After being a little indecisive, we decided to go to Fukuryu Ramen in Chinatown. The restaurant was down a poorly lit alley and tbh it looked just a bit creepy. However, we were there and there was no turning back now. The inside was pleasantly bright and had great artwork on the walls. I ordered the Signature Tonkotsu Ramen ($13.90). A lot of my friends ordered the Chicken Tonkotsu Ramen. K ordered the Curry Chicken Rice and A.B just went with some sides: Okonomiyaki Balls and Red Dragon Wings.


Chicken Tonkotsu Ramen
The Tonkotsu Ramen was just yummy goodness. I really liked the broth because it was flavoursome and morerish. I didn't even need to add any more condiments like vinegar, seasoning or chilli oil because it was delish on its own. The pork was just so soft and dissolved as soon as it hit my tongue. An extra piece of meat would not have hurt though.

Red Dragon Wings
Okonomiyaki Balls
This was actually pretty yum as a snack.

Chicken Curry Rice
K's chicken curry had the classic Jap curry flavour but the rice was a massive letdown as it was mushy and soggy. The chicken was crispy though which was nice. 

HALLLLO

Overall, we were all pretty satisfied with our meals. It really hit the spot since it was bloody freezing outside. The music was actually on point. I would definitely come back again since I liked this place more than the few CBD ramen spots I've been to. By simply taking a photo and tagging myself on Instagram, I got a free green tea ice cream, SCOREEEEE!


Taste: 8/10
Presentation: 7.5/10
Service: 8/10
Value for Money: 8/10


Click to add a blog post for Fukuryu Ramen on Zomato





No comments:

Post a Comment