Thursday 6 August 2015

Brace yourselves: Desserts from Japan

Being completely honest, I went to Japan to eat. I came back from my 10 day trip to Japan recently and visited some of the best patisseries I have ever been to. My boss gave me her list and I made sure we had to hit them all. Here are some photos of my visits.

La pâtisserie des rêves, Kyoto 
Absolutely amazing and hidden away in the Higashiyama district. The ambiance of the store and it's location just made every thing a touch more special. I absolutely loved it and one of the pastry highlights of my trip.



The apple was like a black forest inside and apple tarte tatin

A strawberry tart and the white ball was like a melon? meringue


Awarded Asia's Best Pastry Chef of 2015, I had to go here. Unfortunately we came late and just before they were closing so these were the last two cakes available and I missed out on seeing the selection available. Nonetheless it was light, flavourful and amazing. 

B-Caraibe- Banana jelly, orange-chocolate chantilly and almond- hazelnut jaconde

Brésilienne- Coffee and caramel mousse

Who doesn't love seeing Laduree cakes? I have tried the macarons from the Sydney store however I was keen on trying out the cakes. 


We got the Mont Blanc at the back, the strawberry shaped one is the La Fraise and the Saint Honore Rose on the left. I didn't enjoy the Mont Blanc as much as the other two as it was really just chestnut and cream.


One of my favourite spots during the trip, I wish I was able to try more.


Honey & lime

Peach and crepes

Going to Magnolia Bakery in New York City has been a dream for me since forever. I'm absolutely in love with the creations and just stepping into the Japan store made me feel one step closer to NYC.



The most fluffiest frosting on the most delicious red velvet cake! The cupcakes were also amazing and lived up to their hype. So sad I was unable to try more flavours because we were so full from dinner.

The infamous banana pudding. IT WAS DELICIOUS!!! So light and fluffy, it was one of the best tasting banana flavour desserts I have ever had, EVER.

Dominique Ansel, the creator of the infamous cronut!! He recently opened a store in Tokyo, his original store being in NYC. Sadly we weren't early enough to try the original cronut however we had some other amazing, tasty treats. Definitely in my top 3 for patisseries from the trip.




Our frozen s'mores being freshly toasted

Frozen s'mores were of course amazing and perfect for Japan's 30 degrees summer. The lime tart was also beautifully balanced and the lychee and coconut pavlova was delicious too. 

Another gem in the list, there was so many to choose from so we opted for the set that had a little bit of everything. I wish I was able to take home some and just eat them all. They all looked vibrant and absolutely stunning.




Walking in it felt so exclusive and fancy. Unfortunately I was too full and broke to try more that one  cake. However the vanilla tart was so simple but so good. I also tried the salted caramel and jasmine macarons too which were nice but not as amazing as I hoped. Pictured below is also a green tea tart I purchased from Godiva.



I ate some amazing cakes and I don't regret any thing!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment