Sunday 6 September 2015

Sushi Burger - CBD

After much hype and anticipation, I visited Sushi Burger on my uni break. Sadly they ran out of the Soft Shell Crab Burger so I opted for the Hamburg (pan fried beef and pork patty) Sushi Burger with Kani Croquette (deep fried creamy mashed potato w/ crab meat) [$12.50]. S ordered the Teriyaki Salmon Sushi Burger with Tatsuta Age (deep fried marinated chicken) [$12.50]. A got the Fried Chicken (deep fried marinated chicken breast fillet w/ tartare sauce & teriyaki sauce) with Tonkatsu (deep fried crumbed pork fillet) [$15].

Hamburg Sushi Burger
Nothing special about the Hamburg since I was expecting more flavour tbh. Bonus was that since it was an actual patty, the burger was super dooper easy to eat.

Teriyaki Salmon Sushi Burger
S enjoyed her burger. She said the salmon was pretty soft which made everything fall apart real quick.

Fried Chicken Sushi Burger
A thought his burger was alright. However, it also fell apart easily so he basically inhaled it. He would've preferred a bigger portion though.

Kani Croquette (3p)
The croquettes were nice but they were sooooooooo creamy. I could not taste the crab at all.

Tatsuta Age (3p)
The fried chicken was on point, probably the best bite I had here. I liked the coleslaw under the chicken which my croquette dish lacked.

Tonkatsu (3p)
This was a tad burnt so it was pretty dry to eat. 

Overall, we all had a pretty underwhelming experience. The sides were more memorable than the burgers tbh. The burgers were around $6 each and you could get 3 sushi rolls for that price so we figured portions could've been a bit bigger. While everything was nice, nothing particularly stood out about this lunch and restaurant. I don't think I will be coming back any time soon. 


Taste: 6.5/10
Presentation: 7.5/10
Service: 7/10
Value for Money: 7/10


Click to add a blog post for Sushi Burger on Zomato 





1 comment: