Wednesday 2 September 2015

Cafe Cui - Footscray

I caught up with the boys at Cafe Cui the morning following FSOE. I was completely drained from my night out but it wasn't going to stop me from brunch. I ordered the Moroccan Spiced Chicken Egg Bake ($14). P and M ordered the Southern Fried Chicken w/ Herb Fries & Salad and B and I got the Porterhouse Steak w/ Herb Fries ($24).

My Moroccan Spiced Chicken Egg Bake
The Moroccan Chicken was what I needed on this chilly morning. The eggs were perfectly poached as it oozed yolk. The roti was light and great for mopping up the sauce and yolk. The flavour was pleasant and not unlike a chicken curry my mum makes at home. I would have preferred a couple more dollops of yoghurt and more spices to make this an ultimate dish.

Southern Fried Chicken
 P and M really enjoyed their chicken. It was coated in cornflakes which gave it a stupendous crunch without compromising the flavour of the chicken.

Porterhouse Steak w/ Herb Fries

Overall, we had a decent time. The boys ordered such lunch-y items when I was meant to take them for a brunch experience. Regardless, all our dishes were yummy and we left satisfied. I would probably come back with some girlfriends and split a few dishes including the famous lobster rolls or soft shell crabsliders. The location is great since it's just opposite Footscray Station. Service was very friendly and attentive.

Taste: 8/10
Presentation: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Value for Money: 8.5/10 ($14 for my dish, bargain!)


Click to add a blog post for Cafe Cui on Zomato





No comments:

Post a Comment