Tuesday 27 March 2018

Braybrook Stn - Braybrook

We had a sibling brunch at newly(?) opened Braybrook Stn recently. It is from the same owners of Northcote Stn which I have yet to try. They have very similar menus. We shared all the dishes between the 3 of us.


DRANKS

For drinks, I got the Lemon Squash ($4), Q for the Matcha ($5) and my brother got Snickers Smoothie ($9). All pretty standard drinks. The matcha had a grainy chalky taste.

Slow Cooked Beef Cheek

Slow Cooked Beef Cheeks ($21) was paired with rosemary hash, spiced cabbage, apple slaw, poachies and bearnaise. This was by far the tastiest dish that we had. It had all the textures with the tender beef, crispy slaw and creamy sauce. Solid dish.

Housemade XO Chilli Scramble

We also got the Housemade XO Chilli Scramble ($19.50) with smokey chorizo, fresh avocado, corn salsa, tomato, coriander and chilli oil. Such a disappointing dish. I usually love my scrambled eggs but this was over and not silky smooth. It lacked seasoning and the salsa was bland. We did comment on the lack of XO chilli flavour to the waiter, since we were expecting punchier flavours.

Corn, Zucchini & Jalapeno Fritters

Lastly the Corn, Zucchini & Jalapeno Fritters ($18.90) with smokey tomato, ricotta, salata, avo mousse and poachies. This was a pretty meh dish as well. The fritters were alright but the condiments were lacking. It could have done with more of everything to meld all the flavours together. More sauce pls.

SPREADDDD

Right in the Shopping Centre!


Overall, Braybrook Stn was pretty average. The location was very convenient and the interior was nice and bright. I wasn't a fan of the metal tables as it reminded me of my high school cafeteria. The beef cheeks were definitely a winner and if I were to come back, I would order them. I am not rushing back anytime soon to go here.






Taste: 6/10
Presentation: 7/10
Value for Money: 7/10
Service: 7/10






Braybrook STN Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment