Thursday 6 August 2015

Advieh - Seddon

Over the uni break, I caught up with some high school friends that I haven't seen in forever. Advieh was a cute Middle Eastern joint that I stumbled across on Zomato so we decided to go there. Jaq and I ordered the Omelette with Turkish Sausage, Napoli Sauce and Spinach ($17). J and K.V ordered the Smoked Salmon with Poached Eggs, Rocket, Labna, Dill on Sourdough ($17.50) and T got the Turkish Scrambled Eggs on Sourdough.  

Omelette w/ Turkish Sausage, Napoli Sausage & Spinach
My omelette was quite tasty. The combination of the tangy Napoli sauce and sausage worked well. A minor complaint was that the egg was a teensy bit rubbery on it's own but it worked well when eaten with all the other components.

Smoked Salmon w/ Poached Eggs, Rocket,  Labna, Dill on Sourdough
J and K.V thought the salmon tasted nice but the dish was too sour for their liking. I personally like labna so I happily grabbed a couple chunks from K.V. 


T's dish wash basically the same as mine sans the sauce. It didn't help that the scrambled eggs were really dry.

MEEP

Overall, we had an enjoyable meal, maybe me personally more so than my friends. I had all the things I liked in my dish. J thought his coffee was particularly grouse. The ambience was great and I loved the decor. It was a shame we had to sit at a communal table because at times it was awkward talking to each other but it couldn't have been helped.


Taste: 7.5/10
Presentation: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Value for Money: 7/10


Click to add a blog post for Advieh on Zomato





No comments:

Post a Comment