Tuesday 11 August 2015

Top Paddock - Richmond

B and I had never been to brunch before so K.K and I decided it was time to take them out to finally experience it. After an indecisive morning, we went to Top Paddock which was on my to-go Melbourne brunch list. It was a rainy Sunday with at least a 45 minute wait but we were determined since we had travelled this far and through so much traffic already. I ordered the Pan fried local Snapper with chilli-fried egg, avocado, lime & a corn tortilla ($19.50). K.K got the Fresh Qld. soft-shell mud crab roll w/ a fennel, dill salad & lime mayo in a brioche bun ($21) and the boys got Rangers Valley Wagyu steak sandwich w/ beetroot relish, tempura beetroot shoots, fresh horseradish & wasabi leaves ($20.50).

My Pan Fried Local Snapper
I really liked the presentation of my dish. Sadly, it was quite plain as the ingredients were pretty damn simple. The lime tied everything together and the dish was super fresh but I was just disappointed in myself for not choosing a ballsier dish for my first time at Top Paddock.

Soft Shell Crab Roll
K.K. thought her crab roll was delicious and packed with flavour. I had a bite and I liked how it wasn't too crustacean-y.

Rangers Valley Wagyu Steak Sandwich
B and I liked their burger but they were being typical boys and complained that the portion was not worth it for $20.50. While they enjoyed the flavours they wanted some chips to be fully satisfied.


Overall, we had an alright time at Top Paddock. Personally I found it very overrated as it has been quoted to me as one of the top brunch places in Melbourne. The wait time was just ridiculous since so many couples that came after after us were ushered in while we stood in the cold. It was a shame I didn't go with my original plan of getting the Ocean Trout dish and opted for the underwhelming Snapper one. Service was normal given how busy it was. Would I go again? Possibly. I would definitely go during the week though and hope someone else will order the Hotcakes (looking at you B) just so I can see what the fuss is all about.


Taste: 6.5/10
Presentation: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Value for Money: 7/10


Click to add a blog post for Top Paddock on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment