Monday 28 March 2016

St Burgs - Maribyrnong

Kevin and I recently went to St Burgs for a burger fix but let's be real, when do I not crave burgers. Having missed out to going here when my Sydney friends were down (mad FOMO) I was keen to try the hype.

My monstrosity burger of chicken and mushroom YOM
I ordered the Western Fried Chicken ($12), which had a fried chicken fillet, American cheese, slaw & sriracha mayo with an added St.shroom patty ($3). DUN JUDGE ME PLS. My friend told me that the mushroom patty was to die for and figured YOLO why not. My first bite of this burger was heaven. Super juicy chicken and that mushroom was on point. Things were dripping, chunks of mushroom oozing, burger disintegrating, it was a messy meal. Was it ambitious that I thought I could eat it in perfect bites given the size of it? Yes but I really enjoyed it. If I had to pick at it, the slaw could've made more crunch as everything got wet and sloppy at the end.

Kevin's Double D's
Kevin got the Double D ($14), which had 2 beef patties, bacon, double cheese, lettuce, tomato, gherkin relish, durger mayo & smokey sauce. He absolutely smashed it. He said it might be better than Mr Burger's Mr Meat and that's saying something cos he loves that shit.

Chips were solid (on point emoji)
We also had Seasoned Cut Chips ($4) with Durger Mayo ($1) which were yummy. The Nutella Milkshake ($7) was to Kevin's liking as he is a huge chocolate fan.


Overall, we had a very decent feed. The food coma was rel on the car ride home. It was pretty hard to find since I walked right past it and then realised you had to climb the stairs. The store was pretty small but luckily we got the corner bench. The kitchen was pretty much open and you could watch how your burgers were cooked. Service was standard and efficient. Would I go again? Yeah I might actually if I'm cravings burgers and ceebs going into the city/outer suburbs. I don't like going to the same places because there's just soooooo many burger places out there but this one is defo a strong contender in the Western suburbs.


Taste: 8.5/10
Presentation: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Value for Money: 8/10


St. Burgs Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 





No comments:

Post a Comment