Thursday 5 May 2016

Pillar of Salt - Richmond

After much persuasion, Kevin finally agreed to let me take him to Pillar of Salt. I will convert him to a brunch lover. I will. We went on Good Friday and forgot it was a public holiday so the wait time was very long zzz.

Seriously yum!
I ordered the Roasted Cauliflower, Kimchi and Corn Fritters ($17) with vodka & junifer berry ocean trout gravalax, watercress & water chestnut salad, green sour cream and JK's kimchi hot sauce with a poached egg ($2.5). This was so visually stunning and tasted a treat. All the flavours complemented each other and I especially loved how the sour cream balanced out the hot sauce. Minor complaint would be that the fritters could've been crispier for an extra crunchy texture.

Kevin's Benedict
Kevin got the Benedict Poached Eggs ($18) with mushy peas, braised & shredded Cape Otway ham hock, thyme apple cider hollandaise on toast. He was a fan of it and the couple bites I had were flavourful.
K's 'It's just egg'
K got the Red Chilli Scrambled Eggs ($18) with julienne bacon, spring onion, parsley, grana padano cheese and toast. It was a tad bland for me but to K's liking.

v nice presentation, I like it
N got the Nordic Breakfast Board ($18.50) with vodka & junifer berry ocean trout gravalax, scambled eggs, rye toast, dill, aioli, mustard sauce, emmental cheese and house pickles. She said it was yummy and it did look like a rowdy setup.  

Iced Choc ($6) and Latte ($4)
Our table looked so pretty!
Overall, it was a really yummy brunch meal. It took almost an hour to get our food once we ordered but it was understandable given how busy it was. Service was efficient but not amazing. I'm glad I've crossed Pillar of Salt off my list. Would definitely return for the 15th Century Cilbur Eggs or Slow Cooked Beef Cheek Tacos because the photos look fab!


Taste: 9/10
Presentation: 10/10
Service: 8/10
Value for Money: 8/10


Pillar of Salt Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 


No comments:

Post a Comment