Monday 16 May 2016

Oriental Spoon - CBD

I went to Oriental Spoon to catch up with some uni mates. We managed to order from the lunch menu. Cheap Cheap. Just a quick soup appreciation post.

I dream about this soup sometimes
A.B got the Spicy Seafood Udon (sans the udon because he is on keto) ($13) and this was so incredibly yummy. I'd say one of the best Korean seafood broths I have tasted. The seafood, which included prawns, squid, baby octopus and mussels, was also cooked beautifully. It came with banchan (free side dishes) too which was unexpected since it was a soup. It wasn't even my dish but I kept coming back for it since it was so delicious and plenty of it.

LOVE KIMCHI ANYTHING
I got the Kimchi Fried Rice with Loinkatsu ($14). This had a good flavour to it. It was a tad salty tho so more greens would've been nice to break up the salt and also for extra rowdy presentation points.

He copied me!

V the pleb also got the same dish but the Tender-Loin Katsu ($14).


Overall, pretty decent place. They have heaps of staple Korean dishes and our friends who got the bibimbap, fried chicken and topokki enjoyed their dishes too. Highlight was that Spicy Seafood broth and I would definitely return for that.


Taste: 9/10
Presentation: 8/10
Service: 7/10
Value for Money: 8/10



Oriental Spoon Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment