Friday 21 October 2016

Sam Sam - CBD

I recently had a catch up with the grills at Sam Sam. I have heard mixed reviews about this place but we we were looking for a quick Korean fix and decided to give it a shot. We all ordered off the Value Meal Menu (11:30AM - 8:00PM).

BOK BOK

I got the Spicy Chicken Bulgogi which consisted of marinated chicken (topped with extra cheese) with mixed vegetables in spicy Korean chilli paste sauce and steamed rice ($14). It looked deceptively chock full of chicken but mostly full of onions. It was a standard chicken bulgogi dish which was nice but not amazingggggg. PS give me more than just 1 piece of broccoli pls.

BIBIBBIBIBIMBAP
Mong got the BiBimBap which was traditional Korean vegetable mixed rice with egg and her choice of meat of beef bulgogi ($13). Personally I'm not a fan of this in general because it is bland AF. Mong did have to put a shitload of sauce to make it more flavoursome. The bottom was also not crispy because it wasn't served in a stone bowl. I liked the presentation tho.

PORK BAELLLLY
S had to eat the Stir-fried Pork Belly ($13) because Shomoko stole her dish. It was stir fried with vegetables and a spicy Korean chilli paste sauce on steamed rice. It was aight.

SOY SWEET
Shomoko grabbed the Sweet Soy Chicken Bulgogi ($12) which was marinated chicken with mixed vegetables in seasoned soy sauce and steamed rice. A shitload of onion as well and a little sweet for my liking. 

I LOVE KIMCHI FRIES

OOFT look at dese KimChi Fries ($12). They're SAM SAM seasoned chips topped with caramelised kimchi, crispy pork belly, lemon zest sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and spring onion. It looked a treat and tasted pretty decent. Since it was only layered at the top, once you finished it, the chips were pretty soggy and without toppings as the kimchi and pork belly were pretty sparse to begin with.



Overall, Sam Sam was a pretty decent feed. Everything tasted good but nothing noteworthy. The prices were pretty cheap for a filling meal. I love kimchi fries in general so these hit the spot but I've had better at Chimac and Chick-In. I might return for dinner one day and try out the fried chicken. They look rowdy AF and I love radish, like actually. 


Taste: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Presentation: 7/10 
Value for Money: 8/10




Sam Sam Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 




No comments:

Post a Comment