Wednesday 24 May 2017

Lady Moustache - Yarraville

I caught up with Stoph at Lady Moustache, a  Latin American inspired cafe, on the outskirts of Yarraville. I hate driving in the narrow AF lanes and futilely trying to find close parking but with this place we scored a spot right opposite it YASSS.

Desgranado

There were heaps of options to choose from and this was exactly my type of cuisine. I ended up with the Colombian Desgranado ($17) which had fried eggs on pan-spiced potato, chorizo and bacon with cheese sauce, corn sans the coriander garnish. I also added guacamole for an extra $4.50. While this dish sounded divine on paper, it fell short in terms of taste. Don't get me wrong, everything tasted good but as an overall dish, it lacked oomph. It was all very rich and oily and probably the wrong choice for the first meal of the day. Thank-god I had avocado which slightly helped cut through this quite heavy dish.

Sopapilla

On the other hand, Stop chose the Chilean Sopapilla ($17.50) with added chorizo ($5) which was fantastic. It was poached eggs on pumpkin fritters with guacamole, prebre and breakfast salsa. I initially had my eye on this but then was enticed by the cheese sauce from my dish. Stoph's fritters were very pumpkin-y and fluffy and tasted delish with the other components. Mad food envy.

Spreadddddd

Overall, it was an interesting feed at Lady Moustache. I was disappointed with my dish but it was only because Stoph had chosen such a good one. It isn't often that I see a Latin American inspired brunch menu and it was a bonus it was in the west side. The other options, especially on the lunch menu, seem quite yummy so I am not adverse to returning here.




Taste: 7/10
Presentation: 7/10
Value for Money: 7/10
Service: 8/10




Lady Moustache Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

No comments:

Post a Comment