Tuesday 19 May 2015

Arbory Bar and Eatery - CBD

After seeing a review on Broadsheet, T took K, L and I to Arbory Bar and Eatery. It was right next to Flinders Station and overlooked the Yarra which was pretty nice. T had the Rare Roasted Salmon with fennel, orange and hazelnuts ($26), K ordered the Smoked Fish and Chip Roll with remoulade, lettuce and crinkle cut chips ($16) and L got the vegetarian option of Crumbed Mushroom and Haloumi Burger with tomato relish and crinkle cut chips ($15). I personally ordered the Double Cheeseburger with bacon, pickles, tomato relish and crinkle cut chips ($15).

T's Rare Roasted Salmon
T loved his dish. He said it was beautifully cooked and the classic flavours of fennel and orange complemented his salmon well.


L's Crumbed Mushroom and Haloumi Burger
When I asked what L thought of his burger, the only response I got was that it was 'tops'. After some prompting he said that while it was nice and fresh, the crumbed mushroom was a little bland. 


K's Smoked Fish and Chip Burger
K said that the fish was far too oily for her liking. She felt that the lettuce was more of a slaw with the mixed in remoulade and would have preferred it to be separate. The fish, however, was cooked well.


My Double Cheeseburger
Funnily enough, I am not a fan of double patties or even bacon but I ordered this burger because there wasn't anything else I wanted. The menu was quite limited to me as I wanted something substantial to eat but still at a decent price. I was glad to see that there was lettuce and pickles there to cut through all the meat but I did end up pulling a piece of bacon out just because it was too much. The best part was the bun which was a type of unsweetened brioche. It was enjoyable but not a memorable burger. 


Presentation was pretty good!

Overall, we left feeling content from the meal and the opportunity to catch up with one another. It was self-service at the bar and my only complaint was that I had to get up and walk down to get the water because they didn't offer when they gave us our food. I would definitely come here again, grab some drinks plus smaller dishes and sit on the bench facing the waterfront. 

Service: 7/10
Taste: 7/10
Presentation: 8/10 (Cute Boards)
Value for Money: 7/10


Arbory Bar and Eatery on Urbanspoon


No comments:

Post a Comment