Wednesday 20 May 2015

I Love Dumplings - Flemington

For L.I and M's birthday, we went to I Love Dumplings. Luckily we made a reservation because it was pretty busy for a Monday night. Since there were a fair few of us, I shared my meal with 4 other girls on one end of the table.


Sweet and Sour Pork ($18.80) and Special Fried Rice ($12.80)
The Sweet and Sour Pork was pretty yummy but it was definitely on the sweeter side. It went well with the Special Fried Rice though, which was bland on its own.

Xiao Long Bao ($9.80 / 8pcs) 
I was looking forward to these and the flavour did not disappoint! The soup was nice and hot but it didn't burn my tongue when I ate the entire dumpling. My only complaint was that the serving sizes were on the small side as I have definitely seem plumper xiao long bao before. 

Steamed Pork Wonton w/ Sichuan chilli sauce ($9.80 / 12pc)
I never usually order this dish but it was surprisingly tasty. The chilli sauce was lacking spice and heat (funnily enough) so I just dipped it in my own soy/vinegar/chilli oil concoction.


Quite a feast!

Overall, I was happy with my meal and was so full from the bits and bobs I ate. I love eating this kind of family-style eating because of all the variety for my palate. I didn't manage to take an individual photo of the Steamed Chicken and Prawn Dumplings ($9.80 / 15pcs) but they were standard dumplings so nothing special. While service was not always attentive, they were lovely with the constant orders and also with the preparation of bringing out the birthday cake. 

Service: 7.5/10
Taste: 7/10
Presentation: 5/10 (Nothing Special)
Value for Money: 7.5/10 (~$16pp inc drinks)


I Love Dumplings on Urbanspoon


No comments:

Post a Comment