Thursday 7 May 2015

Da Rin - CBD

I met up with my sister, Q and high school friend, J after class and we went to Da Rin. It was 1:30pm and only 2 other people were there. We ordered the Korean Fried Chicken - sweet & spicy and honey & garlic ($34), Cheese Corn ($10) and the Squid Tuigim Dosirak ($12.50).

Korean Fried Chicken - Mix It Up
Despite ordering the hot & spicy chicken, we got the original chicken instead. The waitress gave us gochujang sauce to pour over but it just wasn't the same :(  However, the pieces were really succulent and I didn't even get my hands that dirty because it was so easy to eat. The radish cubes were the best since it was so refreshing to eat in between bites of the chicken. The coleslaw was nice too but they could have eased off with the mayo dressing.

Cheese Corn
I've never tried Cheese Corn before so I was pretty excited to eat this. I love corn and I love cheese so obviously this should have tasted amazing. The first couple of bites were interesting but then all I could taste was the surimi (crab stick aka fake seafood). I found myself picking around it while I was eating because it was so overwhelming.


Squid Tuigim Dosirak 
The Squid Tuigum Dosirak was pretty average. There was too much batter and the taste of the squid was lost. The vegetables were nice though because it was good to have a different salad with all the chicken we were having. If I bought this dish on its own, I would've been disappointed.


Our Meal in its Entirety 

Overall, I thought the meal was decent. The Korean Fried Chicken was the star (as it should be) and we were content with how yummy it was. The sides didn't live up to our expectations. Service was attentive but the mix up with the chicken did suck.

Service: 7/10
Taste: 7/10
Presentation: 7/10
Value for Money: 7.5/10


Da Rin on Urbanspoon




No comments:

Post a Comment